High Volume Content Migrations at Scale
Rationalize and Modernize Your Legacy Customer Communication Archives
Crawford Technologies has the software, expert services, and experience to migrate legacy enterprise customer communication archives in printer defined languages such as IBM AFP, Adobe PostScript, HP PCL, Xerox DJDE/METACODE and Line Data reports to modern content services and cloud platforms. Our customer-first approach solves complex enterprise migration scenarios at speed and scale to fit business needs and outcomes.
Many organizations are migrating legacy content into a cloud-based or on-premises cloud-ready infrastructure, so they can:
- Take a giant step forward towards business digitization
- Provide their customers with a preferred digital experience
- Increase operational efficiency while reducing operating costs
- Integrate legacy documents into cloud-based systems for more business value
Common Migration Challenges
Organizations struggle to migrate and consolidate high-volume legacy enterprise customer communications and reports that include important documents such as bills and financial statements for insurance, banking, brokerages, utilities, medical, and others to a modern enterprise content management (ECM) system or content services platform (CSP). Common migration challenges that business face include:
- Mitigating time consuming and error prone migrations of large sets of documents, and metadata from existing proprietary applications to modern
- Using successful and proven methodologies to perform customer communication migrations rapidly and cost-effectively for high volumes of document output, images, indexes, and resources.
- Utilizing software and expertise to transform a range of print streams and images to online-ready formats such as PDF/A, PDF/UA and HTML5 for readability, accessibility and long-term archival.
- Employing enterprise-level tracking and audit capabilities to move documents and meet regulatory requirements and customer satisfaction needs.
- Meeting difficult and tricky requirements to extract and input additional indexes or metadata as specified by new business requirements.
- Having the skillset to repurpose information locked in legacy output formats for use by new applications for research, analysis, and discovery.
An Energy Provider Migrates Its ECM Systems
A large energy company had a dozen Enterprise Content Management systems, including a legacy ASG Mobius solution, based on an IBM zOS mainframe and was costly to maintain, and did not meet new architectural standards for enterprise applications. They worked closely with Crawford Technologies professional services in conjunction with other vendors to successfully consolidate their ECM repositories and migrate over 500 Million documents from the existing archive.
Phase-out Legacy Archival and ECM Systems
Crawford Technologies does not believe in a one-size-fits-all migration approach. We will work with you to determine the best migration approach for your business to lower the cost of using and maintaining legacy archival and ECM systems for customer communications. Common migration strategies include one or more of these approaches:
Migrate all archived customer communications from the legacy system (extract, transform, index, load, audit) to the new customer communication archival system. The benefit is decommissioning the legacy system immediately saving time and money.
Run the legacy system and new customer communication archive in parallel and move content when it is read or changed to the new system. The benefit is to move only the content that is needed, migrate users and integrations over time, and fine-tune performance, minimizing business disruption.
Migrate some or all users and their content, for example two years of data immediately to the new system and move the rest of the older archived content when requested on demand. The benefit is to quickly move people to the new system, reduce excessive maintenance costs for the legacy system and still give employees access to content in the legacy system when needed.
Set-up day-forward documents to archive in the new archival system and leave older documents and reports in the legacy system until they expire and roll off. The benefit is not having to migrate older content to the new system, but still have access to it when needed.
Crawford Technologies migration solutions streamline the process of migrating, configuring, and operating customer communication archives. They efficiently and completely classify, transform, index, load and audit the migration of all types of high-volume documents. Crawford Technologies migration solutions supports a wide range of source document print stream formats including AFP, PostScript, PCL, Xerox DJDE/Metacode and PDF.
Virtually all legacy archive and ECM systems can be migrated to each other or to cloud-based content repositories.