CCM Gateway Software Development Kit (SDK)
Modernizing the Transformation and Archival of Customer Communications
CCM Gateway Software Development Kit (SDK) is a modern customer communication management archiving solution. It provides large and mid-size organizations with world-class software and tools to transform, normalize output and archive high-volume, transactional customer communications, reports, and associated content. CCM Gateway SDK accommodates real-time and batch processing of customer communications. It supports a wide range of print formats, including AFP, Xerox, PDF, PostScript, PCL, and others to build the back-end processing platform for existing and newly developed customer service portals.
By combining Crawford Technologies’ powerful CCM Gateway SDK components with existing enterprise content management repositories and customer service portals, organizations can rapidly create business applications that make ALL customer content available no matter where it exists and in what format it’s stored.
Lower IT Operating Expenditure: Allows organizations to retire outdated archival and retrieval systems to reduce software maintenance spend, hardware expenditures and storage costs.
Modernize Customer Communications: Provides organizations with a modular and extensible Web-services platform for processing and archiving customer documents, bills, and statements to improve customer experience.
Improve Operational Execution: Manages multi-threaded retrieval and transformation operations and caches often used resources.
Decrease Compliance Risk: Enables organizations to comply with regulations in banking, insurance, healthcare, and others by retaining customer statements, bills, invoices, and correspondence in accordance with rules and trends.
Customer communications and important customer-facing documents, bills, invoices and financial statements for insurance, banking, utilities, medical, mortgages, property taxes, credit cards and phone services, are generated by core business and customer communications systems. Most of these documents are created in proprietary print formats that are not effectively supported by enterprise content managements systems (ECM) and content services platforms (CSP). Therefore, many organizations rely on expensive and outdated archiving systems to store and manage these types of documents today.
Customer Success Story
A large retail bank needed to demonstrate their compliance with banking regulations by providing a comprehensive analysis of its previous 10 years of customer credit card statements, representing over 50 million issued cards. They used CrawfordTech solutions to automatically convert, identify, extract and re-purpose the necessary information to prove compliance and gain valuable insights into their customers’ behavior.
Efficient Handling of Customer Communications
Industry regulations require retention of statements, bills, invoices, and correspondence in banking, insurance, and healthcare. CCM Gateway SDK supports workflows that include file capture, document transformation, indexing, and archiving. Workflows can tailor processing based on document type, metadata, and index information, to ensure documents are processed and stored appropriately for future use.
Practical Administration of Security and Compliance
CCM Gateway SDK processes, compresses, and encrypts each incoming print file to conform to security and privacy regulations and requirements per HIPAA, GLB, GDPR, PCI DSS and others. The archived file retains all required printing resources and metadata for all documents in the file and prepares an index of unique, customer specific information such as account number and the location of each document within the file.
Effective Processing of High-Volume Transactions
CCM Gateway SDK is scalable to meet customer requirements for incoming communications and backfile conversion projects. It handles high volume customer communication archiving by establishing custom, multi-threaded, content transformations of print file formats. Content transformations are done in real time, within process and with extremely high throughput for thousands of concurrent users without limits to content type, volume, and location. CCM Gateway SDK also captures important index and metadata to properly store, process, retain, and ensure searchability in the future.
Its flexible architecture, ability to scale horizontally near-infinitely, and well-developed REST APIs makes CCM Gateway SDK an efficient and cost-effective method for organizations to reduce the burden of maintaining their legacy customer communication systems and modernize processes for large-scale on premises, Cloud and hybrid computing environments.
Business Use Cases
- Electronic Bill, Invoice &
- Statement Presentment
- Customer Self Service
- Claims Processing
- Hospital Discharge
- Requests for Information
- Loan Origination
- Transportation Documents
- Logistics Forms
- Document accessibility for the blind and vision impaired
IT Use Cases
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud-based Archiving
- Synchronized Content
- Integrated Management of Customer Communications
- Standardized Content Access and Usability
CCM Gateway SDK components are designed to work together to build a modern customer communication management archiving solution. The components consist of:
- Digital Transformation Engine (DTE): performs transformation of computer-generated print files including, AFP, Xerox Metacode/DJDE, Postscript, PCL and others used for customer communications - invoices, bills, and statements - into required formats for print, Web and electronic delivery.
- PRO Dynamic Document Archive (DDA): provides an archive architecture for high-volume, high-value print-steam transactional documents that requires less storage, faster input file ingestion, faster archive file retrieval, and reproduces a true and accurate reproduction of the original document including metadata.
- Redaction: replaces the display of designated information with "XXXXX" or blacked out spaces, making the original information unavailable and unreadable. This ensures the confidentiality of the original data and compliance with PCI DSS, HIPAA and other privacy regulations.
- Barcode and Image Suppression: removes barcodes, OMR marks and other graphical elements originally designed for print and mail customer communications prior to archiving or at the time of retrieval for display purposes.
- Sunrise Web Services: provides a REST API for integration between a web-based user interface application and the underlying content repository. It performs database access for index query and "hitlist" display as well as document retrieval from the content repository. It invokes custom, multi-threaded, content transformations of documents using PRO Transforms. Content transformations are done in real time, within process and with extremely high throughput for thousands of concurrent users without limits to content type, volume, and location.
- PRO Workflow Connector and Server: used to transfer print-ready files from mainframe JES queues to network systems for processing. Includes unlimited workflow queues, unlimited destination types (Filesystems, FTP, LPR, etc.), unlimited invocation of applications and an ACIF support add-on.
- Riptide®: used to select multiple documents with differing formats, and then convert, merge and package the content into digital and print-ready bundles related to eDiscovery, case management and "request for information" regulations.
- PRO Designer: provides a graphical interface to configure transforms for reengineer files with support for redaction and extraction of data for indexing and other purposes. It contains drop down menus, context sensitive help and documentation, and automatic syntax checking.
- API Library: provides APIs for integration and micro services to connect with and execute product modules providing seamless integration of applications into complex production workflows.
CCM Gateway SDK supports virtually any content transformation
- AFP to PDF
- AFP to PDF/A
- AFP to PDF/UA
- AFP to HTML
- AFP to accessible HTML
- AFP to responsive HTML
- AFP to TEXT
- Xerox METACODE to PDF
- Xerox METACODE to HTML
- Xerox LCDS to PDF
- Text to PDF
- Text to HTML
- MS Word to PDF
- EXCEL to PDF
- PowerPoint to PDF
- RTF to PDF
- EML to PDF
- EMLX to PDF
- TIFF to PDF
- JPG to PDF
- BMP to PDF
- HEIC TO PDF