Dynamically Deliver Accessible Documents from Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Archive systems
AccessibilityNow® Gateway solution provides organizations with the ability to retrieve, convert and present information from Archive systems and ECM repositories quickly and accurately to support multi-channel delivery requirements. Built with a RESTful web service interface, applications on any platform can allow users to locate statements, bills and regulatory documents in any supported ECM system, regardless of the document or print format (AFP, PDF, Metacode) and view or download the results in Accessible PDF or Accessible HTML5.
- AccessibilityNow Gateway lets you access all your content repositories from mobile, web and internal applications through a single API and make them available in whatever accessible document format is needed.Using
- With AccessibilityNow Gateway, document tagging can be run dynamically on a real-time basis in milliseconds while documents are being retrieved for viewing or downloading. This means that your existing archives of documents can automatically, and quickly, be made accessible when needed. You do not need to make document creation workflow changes and you avoid incurring additional storage overhead which many other approaches incur.
- AccessibilityNow Gateway has an added feature that allows version control so that older documents which have different formats can be supported just as well as new ones. This allows organizations to offer all documents in accessible formats, improving customer experiences and increasing compliance with accessibility regulations.
Organizations store customer facing documents in Content Management and Document Archive solutions like IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD) in printer specific formats. Although composition tools support conversion to Accessible PDF, this approach requires that all communications be rendered to accessible formats during composition and stored as Accessible PDFs or Accessible HTML5–significantly increasing processing time, infrastructure overhead, and storage requirements. In addition, this solution is only valid for documents created in the future, since previously archived data would not be supported.
In order to improve efficiency, reduce storage requirements and related costs, creating Accessible PDFs (WCAG and PDF/UA) and Accessible HTML5, on the fly, when requested by a customer is a ‘best practice’ method of achieving the accessible document goal. By pulling the communication from storage in the archive and transforming it into an accessible format for delivery while continuing to store the document in its original format satisfies both the need for accessibility as well as the business and regulatory requirement for storage of the original communication.
This also eliminates the risk of modifying or disrupting the existing workflow or environment, ensuring the continuation of a positive customer experience.
Customer Success Story
By converting documents stored in an ECM repository to Accessible PDF and Accessible HTML5, this company was able to be in compliance with current regulations and service all of their customers.
AccessibilityNow Gateway Capabilities
- Easily integrate web and mobile applications with content repositories using the web RESTful API
- Transform archived documents from any format to any Accessible format
- Identify, extract, and repurpose data stored in archived documents
- Optionally remove confidential information completely without altering original documents
- Convert documents into Accessible PDF and Accessible HTML5 for individuals who need them
- Optionally extend documents to include interactive features and live links to enhance CX
- Access content repositories from mobile, web and internal applications through a single API
- Achieve compliance with accessibility regulations such as ADA, Section 508 and AODA on the fly without having to re-process documents already archived
- Reduce migration costs by federating access to multiple repositories
- Robust multi-threaded architecture to ensure optimal performance
- Improve customer satisfaction – deliver documents in the accessible format they prefer
AccessibilityNow Gateway Cloud
- Optimize production by off-loading accessibility conversions to the cloud
- Enable transformation into any accessible format
- Limited IT Involvement
- No hardware and administrative expense
- Compliance with all accessibility regulations and requirements
- Secure processing
- Always available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Pay only for what you need
AccessibilityNow Gateway integrates with many document storage systems including IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD), IBM FileNet, Documentum, Box, Nuxeo, ASG Mobius, Alfresco and many others.
- Intel i7 quad-core CPU 2.5 GHz or higher
- 16GB RAM or more
- Fast local disk (SSD or 7200 RPM HDD) with 5GB free space
- Windows 10 or newer
- Windows Server 2012 or newer
- Linux with a 2.6.x or newer kernel
- Solaris 10 or newer
- AIX 7.x or newer