The Net Promoter Score®, or NPS®, is a customer experience metric used to track customer loyalty. Basically, it serves as a standardized “yardstick” for organizations to gauge customer loyalty. Plus, it allows you to compare scores to organizations in other industries. If an organization wants to make customer experience a priority, the NPS score is a great tool to track progress.
How is NPS calculated?
The NPS score is based on a simple equation. NPS = % of Promoters – % of Detractors. At Crawford Technologies, we ask a single question. “How likely are you to recommend Crawford Technologies Inc. to a friend or colleague?” Respondents rank their feelings on a scale from 0 to 10. Then we break it down:
- A response of 9 – 10 is a promoter.
- Responses of 7 – 8 are passive.
- Anything a 6 or below is a detractor.
Why does NPS Matter?
In an ever-expanding marketplace, customer satisfaction means more than it ever has. Because if a business isn’t giving buyers the experience they want, they’ll find a competitor who will. By checking out vendor NPS, you can see how they treat their customers.
An organizations NPS can range from -100 to 100. According to Bain & Company, the creators of NPS:
- Above 0 is good,
- Above 20 is favorable,
- Above 50 is excellent, and
- Above 80 is world class.
Crawford Technologies scores a 73. We aim to provide solutions and service that inspire our customers.
How can a buyer benefit from NPS?
If you’re evaluating vendors and any of them don’t have an NPS, cut them from your search. If they don’t have this basic metric, they likely are not as focused on their customers as you want them to be. NPS provides a standardized approach to measure customer loyalty. It puts each vendor who uses it on a level playing field. So, when you’re searching, look for companies that are committed to customer satisfaction. At Crawford Technologies, our commitment is unwavering.
- We will take care of you.
- We will work hard to earn and keep your trust.
- We will provide fantastic service and support.
- We will continue to innovate new solutions.
- We have your back (our +73 NPS proves it).
- We have the right combination of innovation, integrity, and reliability to ensure your success.